Résidence La Clos du Rocher is found in an idyllic location, nestled on the banks of a river in a typical village in the heart of the Dordogne.
Each of the apartments are well-equipped and include a terrace or garden.
The kitchens are equipped with a refrigerator (with freezer in the 2-bedroom apartments), microwave, hob with extractor fan, electric coffee machine and kettle. Bed linen, TV and wifi are all included for free.
The résidence has a heated outdoor swimming pool (open from 02/04 until 31/10 and heated from 09/04 until 30/09), a spa (turkish bath & jacuzzi) at a surcharge, a sports hall and a playgound.
All of the apartments are self-catered, allowing guests to explore the restaurants in the nearby area. There's plenty to choose from for such a small village from traditional French cuisine to pizzas, sandwiches to vegan and vegetarian.
There's a range of small shops in the village, and a large LIDL and an Intermarchè Super within 20 minutes' drive of the accommodation.
Les Eyzies de Tayac is a typical Dordogne village, tucked into a valley on the banks of a meandering river with dramatic cliff faces - some houses are even built into the rock! The area is known for it's rich prehistoric history and there are several preserved cave dwellings nearby as well as the National Prehistoric Museum. The village is not far from the regional towns Périgueux, Bergerac and Brive.
Many sporting activities are on offer in the region; hiking, climbing, caving, canoeing/kayaking. For those interested in the rich history of the area, discover the National Prehistoric Museum, The International Prehistoric Centre as well as several monuments such as the Château de Castelnaud, le Parc de Marqueyssac and La Roque St- Christophe.
Things not to miss
Couples and grown-up friends will love going on a Dordogne wine tour of the Bergerac vineyards. Tour company Duck & Truffle offer tours starting at Eu100 for up to four people. The tour will take you to three vineyards, with plenty of time for tasting a variety of wines.
The Caves of Proumeyssac are quite simply mind-blowing. As well as collections of huge stalactites and stalagmites, there's a waterfall, crystals, layered pools of milky water, as well as a musical light show.
Les Sangliers de Mortemart is a boar farm that sits just 20 minutes from the residence. Walk around the farm and spot wild boars, which are being raised in semi-freedom. The true meaning of the phrase free range! From stripy piglets to snuffling old boars, the farm hosts hundreds of these creatures. A tour costs just Eu3 for adults and Eu1.50 for children.
Please inform our reservations team if you expect to arrive late and we will explain the late arrival procedure.
Keys available from 17:00 at reception on presentation of your accommodation voucher.
On arrival you have to pay a deposit of 300Eu (Visa, Euro Card, cheque) for your apartment. Your deposit will be returned to you 15 days after your departure with any necessary deductions made for breakages and additional cleaning.
End of Stay Cleaning is not included in the accommodation price and clients are required to clean the property before departure. Please note that cleaning products are not always provided.
Local Tourist Tax
Extras (with supplement)
- Beds made on arrival
- Change of bed linen
- Towels (bath towel + hand towel + bath mat)
- Mid-stay or end-of-stay cleaning
- Cleaning of kitchen and washing up
- Comfort package: beds made on arrival + towels included + end-of-stay cleaning
- Early arrival from 11:00 (if booked at least 48h in advance)
- Spa Package: access to jacuzzi and turkish bath (1h)
- Baby Pack: cot and high chair < 2 years old(dependant on availability and must be booked in advance)
1) Pay in 3 instalments if booked more than 60 days prior to arrival:
- 15% deposit at time of booking, 15% payment 60 days prior to arrival & 70% payment 30 days prior to arrival
2) Pay in 2 instalments if booked more than 30 days prior to arrival:
- 30% deposit at time of booking & 70% payment 30 days prior to arrival
3) Pay in 1 payment (always available and obligatory if booked less than 30 days prior to arrival)
- 100% at time of booking
- Any extras added more than 30 days prior to arrival will be added to final payment
- Any extras added after final payment to be paid at time of addition to booking
If the client cancels a reservation the following amounts will be retained:
- More than 30 days prior to arrival date: 30% of total accommodation cost
- Between 30 and 21 days prior to arrival date: 45% of total accommodation cost
- Between 20 and 8 days prior to arrival date: 60% of total accommodation cost
- Between 7 and 4 days prior to arrival date: 90% of total accommodation cost
- 3 days or less prior to the arrival date: 100% of total accommodation cost
Your stay at Résidence le Clos du rocher*** is contracted with the Madame Vacances Group, working as a Travel Agent (Siret: 491 366 092 00014; Numéro de Licence: IM073100072)
Booking and access to your customer account are currently under maintenance and are not available at the moment. Please call is on +44 (0) 203 475 4756.
Please choose a destination
Forfait Golf 27 trous ILLIMITE !
How to get your 'Unlimited 27 hole golf' pass at our special rate:
In partnership with the Moliets Golf Course, book your stay at least one month in advance in one of our villas in Moliets and buy your 7 day (consecutive) unlimited golf pass, at our special rate, and save up to -40%!
Please call us on 0845 862 6256 to find out the price for your stay dates and your pass can be added directly to your accommodation booking.
Conditions: Unlimited access to the 27 hole course (18 course + 9 hole course). Valid outside of training and competition periods. Handicap of 36 and below preferred. You'll receive your acces codes by email directly from the Moliets Golf Course following your booking.